Monday, July 13, 2009

Wide, Wide World


As you all know, I recently returned from a 15 day tour of Europe with my parents and sister Susan. It's embarrassing to admit, but as I traveled the world most of the sites were familiar to me because of the boys' nightly story. Almost every night we read Richard Scarry's Busy, Busy World. We call it "Mommy's special book" because it is out of print and they are not allowed to touch it without me in the room. They love the stories and I love how short they are. But from the red busses in London to the Spanish steps in Rome to the cows climbing Swiss mountains, Europe was just as Richard Scarry describes it! Much to my family's chagrin, I recited almost every story as we went. Strangely enough, he left out Amsterdam. Can't imagine why . . .

Pictures will be coming soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment