

Josh REALLY enjoyed his first pinewood derby. He took first place overall without losing a single race! I'm not sure how we pulled it off--he made his car with help from me (mostly internet research) and from the past bishop who has a wood shop in his garage (but kept telling us he had two girls and this was his first pinewood derby car too). We were both very excited about coming home with a trophy. Josh has wanted one (from any kind of event) for about two years and recently started asking me to buy him a trophy. So I'm very happy that he earned one and I don't have to hear him say how he's NEVER going to get one anymore. Sigh--it's so hard being eight. Now on to the district race in Colorado Springs in April!

Josh' car is in the far lane. I put this in just because I was impressed that I actually got his car in the shot. I have several pictures of the empty track because my timing wasn't quite right.


Jake was checking things out before the races got started. They really went all out decorating the gym.

Me and my friend Monica. Jake had us posing for quite some time so I gave up smiling and just went goofy. Of course that's when he finally snaps the shot.
Way to go Josh. Thats awesome.
ReplyDeleteCongratulations Josh (and Josh's mom)! They did go all out on decorations. Great pictures! Love you!
ReplyDelete