Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Family Reunion

 Happy Fourth of July!  We spent the week in Utah at Kathy's house in preparation for a Stott Family reunion.  Because I had to be in Greeley for my two weeks of on-campus work the day after the reunion, Josh, Jake, and I actually missed the extended family get-together.  But we were able to see every one in the immediately family except David's family in London.  We were able to go on a tour of the Sweets candy factory, go to a water park with Kathy's family and Grandma, visit Great-Grandma Stott, run/walk (depending on which child you were with) in Kathy's neighborhood Independence Day parade, and do lots of catching up with sisters and playing with cousins.  We were excited to set off fireworks since they were banned in Colorado due to the fires.  Kathy's neighbors set off ones so big we didn't even need to go to a show.  It was great!
Kaylee

Aunt Susan

Erin

The Bitners

The Duffins

Mom & Dad

Josh enjoyed playing in the fountains at the mall.
The boys took a break to warm up and dry off.










The reunion (that I missed)
Jake spinning at the park

1 comment:

  1. This was great! It brought back such wonderful memories! The Utah part, not the school part! Although when I went to library school in the 90's, I had the same culture shock -- guys in the dorms at all hours, etc. That's why the second summer I had a separate solo apartment. Much lonelier but much easier to deal with!

    ReplyDelete