Thursday, January 6, 2011

Christmas!


Lots of pictures in this one!


The boys loved having Grandma, Grandpa and Aunt Susan come to visit (I did too). After a delayed landing in some intense fog, we picked them up from the airport in CO Springs and went to the Broadmoor to look at gingerbread houses which reminded Josh that we were supposed to make some. Then we went to Squeak's so Mom and Dad could try some weird flavored and weird colored soda pop. They declined. So I tried blue watermelon and Josh had green birch beer but we told him it was root beer. Everybody else had ice cream. The next few days were spent riding bikes, playing glow-in-the-day minigolf, eating and playing games (thanks for introducing my kids to war, Dad) and of course doing all the traditional Christmas stuff. Some people may not be too happy at the goofy pictures I posted, but I had to post one of me wearing my new cougar hat (courtesy of Kathy) and I decided I needed company. Everyone had to go home way too soon, but we sure had fun while they were here!

Jake loved having so many people to play games with!


Dad taught me how to tie the boys "real" ties. No more clip ons for us!

Mom embraces Jake's obsession with Batman.


Thanks Kathy! I love it!


Jake's new Batman hat.


And the Mickey Mouse bank he just HAD to have! (That he hasn't looked at since, of course.)


At Squeak Soda Shop





Josh's excavating kit to find precious rocks.

Christmas morning.

Gingerbread houses--boys will be boys.



Riding at the skate park.

4 comments:

  1. What a fun time! Of course my favorite pictures are the ones with hats & ties. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What I meant to post was...Thanks Karen! It was a great Christmas! I love mom in the batman hat. That's a keeper! Too many typos to keep the other comment around. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the batman hat too! I especially like Dad and the tie! I love the photos.

    ReplyDelete