Saturday, January 22, 2011

The ER








This happened before Christmas (December 13 to be exact) but in the excitement of new toys and a new school semester, I forgot to post it in the right order. Poor little Jake took us on our first trip to the emergency room. The boys were getting ready for bed and in my room brushing their teeth. I was in the kitchen doing who knows what. Josh came running in and told me that Jake was bleeding. Since he said it in that special voice used only when things are bad, I went running. Apparently he had jumped off a stool and landed on the edge of the bathtub (which isn't rounded--sharp 90 degree angles around here). It wasn't big but it looked deeper than other wounds we've had so we grabbed shoes and drove to the hospital. Josh held a washcloth on Jake's face during the drive and Jake just laid there quietly. Kind of freaked me out to have him NOT scream so I kept asking him to talk to me. He was fine in the ER and as you can see from the pictures they had a good time playing on the doctor's chair. I thought he would need stitches but the doctor actually just super-glued his face. Both boys thought that was HILARIOUS. Jake's biggest concern of the night was the poster of smiley faces that depicted different levels of pain. He was very proud of himself that he was at a zero--happiest face on the page. What a trooper!

2 comments:

  1. Poor guy. I feel bad for him. But I'm sure you can tell, little boys are always proud it seems when something like this happens. All boy! The little girls and I are going to be in Colorado next week for Juli's baby. I sure hope I get a chance to you. The twins and Makenzie are going to be at Ashley's house for a few days. I sure miss you all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lauren is our only child who has been to the emergency room---but she's been 5 times! (Mostly due to parental overreaction.) The most recent time was two days before Erin was born. She sliced her arm on a can lid half an hour before she was supposed to be at the theater for Music Man. Fastest ER visit I've ever had---she was back at the theater (with an arm full of staples) by the third scene of the show!

    ReplyDelete