Since I wasn't able to take the boys on a real vacation because of my school schedule and moving, I wanted to do something fun on our last weekend before school and my Masters program started. So at 5:00 on Friday we decided to go camping. Nothing like planning ahead.

We headed about 10 minutes out of town to Prospector's RV resort by the Royal Gorge Bridge. I don't have an RV anymore, but we do have a tent and sleeping bags so we went "roughin' it." (I had to explain to Josh what that meant--he must be spoiled.) The campground had a pool, game room, and playground, but if you paid for wristbands you could also play on their jumping pillow, splash pad, and pedal cars all day long. The boys loved it! We played, started a real campfire--now that the fireban has been lifted--ate hot dogs and smores, and slept on some VERY hard ground. Josh said it was our best adventure ever and wants to go tent camping again and again.
Josh doing flips on the jumping pillow
The boys riding the pedal cars--I love Jake's expression!
Inside the tent
Jake says bananas make you strong (nevermind the powdered donut dusting on his lips)
Josh at the splash pad
Jake jumping at the splash pad
Our campfire--Jake didn't like the smoke too much
Love the pictures! You are such a great Mom to take them camping on such short notice. Sometimes it is the best way to go. Looks like everyone had a great time.
ReplyDeleteI'm impressed!! I don't have the first clue how to put up a tent. Looks like a happy time for everyone!!
ReplyDeleteGreat photos! Really captured the fun!
ReplyDelete