Friday, August 26, 2011

First Day of School

Today was Jake's first day of Kindergarten. When I woke him up and asked if he knew what day it was he said, "School." I told him how excited I was for him and he said, "Mom, I'm really going to miss my work today." I asked what work was he going to miss. He answered, "You know--fighting bad guys." Love this kid!

I love this kid too. Josh is now in third grade! He started Wednesday and loves being part of the "upper elementary" grades. Everything for Josh revolves around what "real men" do. If he could jump ahead to 16 he would.

3 comments:

  1. Why do they have to grow up!!! I bet they are excited to begin a new year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karen, I LOVE what Jake said! I've heard "play is a child's work" and his comment sure backs that up! Jane just started ballet and I couldn't get her to tell me much about it. But yesterday, when she dressed herself and Rebekah up in ballet clothes and played ballet, I knew I was getting the full report on that class as she pretended to be the teacher and Rebekah was the student. I learn a lot about them when I watch them play. =)

    ReplyDelete