Monday, August 22, 2011

Rock Climbing

Several months ago, the young women at church held an auction for their girls' camp fundraiser. One of the things I purchased that night was a rock climbing trip up Shelf Road. Leslie and Nic Nelson took me (with a few other friends) up there in July. It was a lot of fun and I can't wait to go again. But I did learn two things:
1. This is not a sport to do in shorts.
2. Just because you're tired and it feels like your arms are going to fall off doesn't mean it's a good idea to leap for the ring at the top. (You have to touch the metal ring to officially finish.) If you jump, you will swing around and slam into the wall. Don't do it. The six-inch butterfly shaped bruise is just not worth it.


About halfway


Getting closer


Just before my leap


All done!


2 comments:

  1. Awesome. I'm jealous. I might not be able to put up a tent but this I can do!!!

    blessings,
    Tricia

    ReplyDelete